Torrential Unity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flame and Frost: Prelude

4 posters

Go down

Flame and Frost: Prelude Empty Flame and Frost: Prelude

Post  Samael Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:16 am

Just in case someone who comes on here missed it. They posted up a preview of the next patch.

New Features
Temple of the Silent Storm Week

From January 28—February 4 the regular eight-team/three-round paid tournaments will be replaced by two-team/single-round paid tournaments in the Temple of the Silent Storm map. After the week is over, we’ll add Temple of the Silent Storm to the regular rotation of both free and paid tournaments.

Improved Achievement System

We’re adding a new rotation of daily achievements to add variety and encourage you to explore the open world. You’ll get different achievements every day of the week and a new achievement tracker in the UI to make it easier to track your progress.

New Achievement Laurels
You’ll earn these brand-new laurels as a reward for daily and monthly achievements!

Redeem these laurels for rewards like the new Ascended gear and Infusions!

Guesting

With the new guesting system, you can play with friends on other worlds in the same region (North America, Europe) without changing your homeworld. Guesting is free, but going forward there will be a gem fee for transferring home worlds, so make sure you’re on the home world you want to permanently play on before 28 January!

New Utility Infusions and Ascended Amulets
We’re adding a wide range of new gear that can be purchased with the new laurels.

With 5 new Utility Infusions and 30 Ascended Amulets to choose from, there’s something for every style of player.

More Upgrades and Improvements

We’re making a ton of other improvements to the game this month, such as enhanced performance in WvW, tweaks to the dynamic level adjustment system, and UI improvements, which will be detailed in our release notes.
Samael
Samael

Back to top Go down

Flame and Frost: Prelude Empty Re: Flame and Frost: Prelude

Post  Dann Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:38 am

I'm really looking forward to guesting. They have been talking about it since a few weeks after the release.
Still waiting on that Fractals Patch, Anet...
Dann
Dann
World Operations

Back to top Go down

Post  Samael Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:44 am

I like it if only for the reason that I have friends who play on Crystal Desert that keep trying to bring me over, and I'm all "nuuuu.." so now i can hop on with them and still stay true to SoS. ROCK ON
Samael
Samael

Back to top Go down

Post  Dann Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:58 am

I have people from my previous guild that I can at least do jumping puzzles and stuff with if people from our guild aren't online.
I'm always excited by new content though. Can't wait for this update. GW2 NEEDZ MOAR CONTENT
Dann
Dann
World Operations

Back to top Go down

Post  Ever Shadow Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:05 pm

Ya guesting will be nice... Although I'm not really sure how much use I'll get out of it myself since most of the people I know are either spvpers or wvwers lol. As far as new content... can't wait!!! Should be lots of fun!
Ever Shadow
Ever Shadow
World Operations

Back to top Go down

Post  Samael Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:49 pm

Suppose they added a race. what do you think they'd possibly be?
Samael
Samael

Back to top Go down

Post  Dann Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:39 pm

Quaggan. No doubt.
Dann
Dann
World Operations

Back to top Go down

Post  Artashir Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:46 pm

Though I doubt they will add a race with this patch, I'm guessing the Tengu will be a playable race at some point.
Artashir
Artashir
Guild Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post  Samael Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:48 pm

yeah, the Tengu looked pretty awesome. But then again. it is Anet, i doubt we'll ever get a new race. It'd be nice.. But its a long shot.
Samael
Samael

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum